Can you be successful without college? College can seem like the only path to success, but what about all the successful people who never attended? If you’re considering skipping college or have already decided to, there are still plenty of ways to make it in the business world if you have the drive and work ethic needed to succeed.
This guide on how to be successful without college will help you evaluate your options and find a plan that works best for you.
- You can make more money by working full-time in the same field.
- You’ll build a stronger skill set that’s transferable across industries.
- It’s possible to change career paths at any point in life, as long as you are willing to invest the time and effort into acquiring new skills or knowledge in order to make yourself marketable for a new position or industry, whether this means going back to school, taking classes part-time, volunteering at a different organization that is related but not the same one you are looking for work in, developing a freelance side business on your own so that other organizations will eventually start calling you instead of the other way around, etc.
- For some people, college isn’t the right fit for them. Some people don’t need college because they’re happy with their current jobs and some people may have physical limitations that prevent them from attending an institution.
- There are pros and cons to both choices – if someone decides to forego college without having a clear plan for their future, they may miss out on building relationships with peers who could become lifelong friends or mentors who could help guide them when they hit bumps in the road while also not being able to continue learning new skills.
Though there are many different routes that one can take, some of the drawbacks associated with not attending college are:
1) You might not know how to get a good job
2) you could miss out on a network of connections
3) you might be seen as less credible by future employers and colleagues. With the exception of a few industries (such as Hollywood), most successful people have at least attended college for some time.
However, this does not mean that those who do not attend college cannot also be successful.
It is possible to pursue your own personal interests or enter a trade or profession without going to school first.
The following is an example of someone who was able to succeed without ever having gone to college:
David Smith-Johnson has been in the automotive industry since he was 18 years old when he started his own company called MDJ Autosports in his garage back in 1991. He created custom exhaust systems for exotic cars and eventually began making parts for GM vehicles, like Camaros and Corvettes.
For Some People, Going to College is Worth It
Yes, it is possible. There are lots of successful people who do not have a college degree but if you want to be very successful and get into a prestigious or high-paying job you will most likely need at least some sort of college education.
Some people think that going to college is not worth it, but I disagree and think it’s important because there are lots of benefits. One benefit is that you can work while you go to school so you won’t have as much debt after.
Another benefit is that some jobs require more schooling so if you don’t have one then getting the job will be difficult.
If you are unsure about whether to go to college or not, just try asking yourself these questions: Do I know what my career goals are? What do I want in life? What am I good at? Then make your decision based on those answers.
But in my opinion, it is worth going to college because it teaches you how to succeed and learn new skills which can help you in the future.
This is one of the most common questions I get asked by people. Can you really be successful without college? And to be honest, the answer is Yes. You don’t need a degree in order to create and grow your own business, make six figures, or start your own non-profit. It may take more time for you do that on your own with no educational background, but it’s absolutely possible! There are many ways to learn what you need online (e.g., YouTube), through self-study books, and from courses like those from The School of Greatness Academy.