USIP free courses plus job opportunities is open to many students. USIP is an acronym for the United States Institute of Peace. The USIP is a national, nonpartisan independent Institute, founded by Congress and dedicated to the proposition that a World without violent conflict is possible, practical and essential for United States and global security. USIP offers loads of free courses plus job and internship opportunities.
What USIP does includes the following:
- Serves as a nonpartisan government partner and trusted intermediary among foreign governments, civil society, and USA government officials.
- Works in conflict zones at the community level and with national and regional governments with a focus on connecting top-down and bottom-up initiatives.
- Applies research through training, education, policy recommendations, and application of best practices.
- Partners with stakeholders around the world to research, support, and advance strategies to prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict.
- Draws on its exceptional convening power to bring together diverse audiences to exchange knowledge and ideas necessary for developing solutions to the most pressing peace and security challenges.
As a response to the COVID-19 menace and structural racism which brought about the need for Peace-builders to help transform violent conflicts in their communities, USIP is extending for now tuition-free access to its entire catalog of online classes. These courses are usually paid for but are currently tuition-free hence the need to utilize this USIP free online courses plus the job/intership opportunities!
Below is a catalog of courses offered by USIP:
- Gender Inclusivity in Peace-building
- Good Governance After Conflict: Building Institutions for Reform
- Democracy & Governance
- Preventing Election Violence
- Introduction to Rule of Law
- Introduction to Peace-building
- Conflict Analysis & Prevention; Mediation, Negotiation & Dialogue; Nonviolent Action
- Introduction to Psycho-socially Responsive Development and Humanitarian Programs
- Introduction to Religion and Peace-building
- Justice, Security & Rule of Law
- Designing Community Based dialogue.
Estimated duration for completing these courses is between 4-12 hours, depending on the courses.
How to Apply for USIP Courses
These courses are open to everyone, irrespective of locations or age. Simply head over to the USIP course website and register to take any class you wish to take.
- Senior Program Officer for Human Security Washington DC
- Program Assistant, MENA Regional initiatives Washington DC
- Senior Executive Assistant to the President Washington DC
- Program Specialist, MENA Washington DC
- Congressional Relations Specialist Washington DC
- Deputy Director, Congressional Relations Washington DC
- Senior Program Officer, Office of Strategic Stability and Security Washington DC.
Students currently enrolled in colleges and universities in the Washington, D.C. area can work at USIP through paid part-time research assistant positions. Recent Graduates with a degree in international relations or related fields and high academic achievement are usually hired as program assistants. Applicants for this position should have related work and/or internship experience, exceptional administrative, research, writing, and computer skills.
Only full-time students from universities belonging to the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area (CUWMA) can be considered for these openings.
Applicants for the USIP internship program must be students of one of the following Universities:
- American University
- Catholic University of America
- Corcoran College of Art and Design
- Gallaudet University
- Georgetown University
- George Mason University
- The George Washington University
- Howard University
- Marymount University
- National Defense Intelligence College
- National Defense University
- Southeastern University
- Trinity University
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of Maryland at College Park.
How to Apply
Applicants should go to The USIP Career page and upload:
A cover letter stating which position is of interest to you.
A copy of your resume.
A brief writing sample demonstrating your research and writing ability.
Do make ample use of this USIP free online courses plus the job/internship opportunities!